- At Wanneroo Area Speech Pathology we provide individual clinic-based assessment and intervention speech pathology services to school aged children with speech, language and written language learning difficulties. We provide services to children with:-
- Speech Difficulties: including phonological, articulation and motor speech disorders (dyspraxia/apraxia).
- Language Difficulties:- comprehension/listening and expressive language difficulties (grammar, vocabulary, word-finding and story-telling /discourse difficulties).
- Attentional / Executive and Working Memory Difficulties including Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Early Literacy Difficulties - Limited phonological awareness skills, poor alphabet knowledge
- Reading and Spelling Difficulties including dyslexia and dysgraphia and OWL- oral and written language impairment
- Reading Comprehension Difficulties
- Specific Learning Difficulties.
Clinic-session times are currently
Monday 12.40- 5.30pm
Tuesday 12.40pm - 5.30pm
Wednesday 12.40- 5.30 pm
Thursday 12.40-5.30 pm
Friday 12.40 - 5.30pm
Saturday Special appointment for longer diagnostic assessment sessions only.
Services are generally only provided during school term times.
Most sessions are 30 minutes in duration - although 45+ minute sessions may be conducted for older children.
Most treatment sessions are provided fortnightly and this generally proves effective as long as the recommended amount of home practice is completed on a regular basis. Some students may require more intensive/ frequent sessions.
Private Health Funds, Medicare and NDIS Funding
Wanneroo Area Speech Pathology is a registered provider with most private health fund providers. It is recommended that you contact your health fund provider to determine if and what quantity of speech pathology services ($ value) are included in your coverage before booking an appointment.
Wanneroo Area Speech Pathology is also a registered provider for Medicare approved services. To determine whether your child is eligible for part- funding under the Chronic Medical Condition and Complex care Needs or Enhanced Primary Care Programme or other approved programme, you will need to discuss this with and gain funding from your GP/doctor or paediatrician prior to the initial consultation.
We are not registered NDIS Providers. However, we will happily provide therapy services to students with approved self managed and plan-managed funding.
Booking an Appointment
Should you wish to book an appointment or have any further questions answered, please e-mail (preferred method for booking) or phone 9306 1166 leaving your details and best time and day to contact you.