- At Wanneroo Area Speech Pathology we provide individual clinic-based assessment and intervention speech pathology services to school aged children with speech, language and written language learning difficulties. We provide services to children diagnosed with:-
- Speech Difficulties: including phonological, articulation and motor speech disorders (dyspraxia/apraxia).
- Language Difficulties:- comprehension/listening and expressive language difficulties (grammar, vocabulary, word-finding and story-telling /discourse difficulties).
- Central Auditory Processing Difficulties
- Attentional / Executive and Working Memory Difficulties including Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Early Literacy Difficulties - Limited phonological awareness skills, poor alphabet knowledge
- Reading and Spelling Difficulties including dyslexia and dysgraphia and OWL- oral and written language impairment
- Reading Comprehension Difficulties
- Learning difficulties.
Clinic-session times are currently
Tuesday 12.40pm - 5.00pm
Wednesday 8.50am - 5.00pm
Thursday 8.50am - 3.30pm
Friday 8.50am - 5.30pm
Services are only provided during school term times. At this stage, unfortunately, no weekend or out of business hours clinical services are available.
Most sessions are 30 minutes in duration - although 45+ minute sessions may be conducted for older children.
Most sessions are provided fortnightly and this generally proves effective as long as the recommended amount of home practice is completed on a regular basis.
Please note that in order to provide quality intervention to a large number of clients during the school term, other weekday times and school holidays are required for the preparation and development of quality programmes and activities and to complete business administrative demands.
Private Health Funds and Medicare Funding
Wanneroo Area Speech Pathology is a registered provider with most private health fund providers. It is recommended that you contact your health fund provider to determine if and what quantity of speech pathology services ($ value) are included in your coverage before booking an appointment.
Wanneroo Area Speech Pathology is also a registered provider for Medicare approved services. To determine whether your child is eligible for part- funding under the Chronic Medical Condition and Complex care Needs or Enhanced Primary Care Programme or other approved programme, you will need to discuss this with and gain funding from your GP/doctor or paediatrician prior to the initial consultation.
Booking an Appointment
Should you wish to book an appointment or have any further questions answered, please e-mail (preferred method for booking) or phone 9306 1166 leaving your details and best time and day to contact you.